Bonjou is Creole French for Hello, so Hello Beauty!
Canada is known for many things, but we’re maybe best known for hockey, maple syrup, snow…Drake, Justin Bieber, Celine Dion and Robin Sparkles. And, if you know who Robin Sparkles is - bonus points! One day, hopefully, Canada will also be known for our clean beauty brand, Bonjou Beauty.
Founded by me, Samantha Wharton, Bonjou Beauty is a cruelty-free, clean brand that offers antiaging, USDA certified organic skincare and multipurpose, minimalist, clean makeup made sustainably in Canada in small batches.
Achieving healthy and good-looking skin shouldn't be a huge time commitment. Bonjou Beauty simplifies the process. And to us, our anti-aging skincare products are second-to-none!
We combine convenience with natural ingredients that enhance your skin's appearance and health to make you feel more fabulous.
- Our COSMOS and USDA certified organic skincare products are spa-grade and made in small batches on a certified-USDA organic farm in Muskoka, Ontario (Cottage Country). Learn more about our skincare process and organic ingredients.*
- Our clean makeup products are made in small batches in and around the Greater Toronto Area using natural local ingredients. Learn more about our makeup process and clean ingredients.*
*These links take you to our Bonjou Beauty website.
Our products are free of 15+ toxins including:
- Polyethylene Glycols (PEG compounds)
- Formaldehyde releasers
- Fragrance (parfum)
- PFTEs (Teflon, Polytetrafluoroethylene, Ethene, Tetrafluoro, Homopolymer)
- Phthalates (synthetic dyes)
- Coal Tar Dyes
- Siloxanes (a form of silicone that is harmful to the environment)
- Ethanolamine (DEA, MEA, TEA)
- Butylated hydroxyanisole (BHA)
The long story short
I’ve always been super lazy about the time I spend on skincare and makeup. Yet, I somehow still always have cared tremendously about it, especially the ingredients that went on my skin.
It’s a lifelong puzzle, and after (many…many...many) years, I finally figured it out. I needed convenience and effectiveness, and that’s how Bonjou Beauty was born!
To keep a super long story short, I’ve dabbled with many different makeup and skincare products, including making my own. Bonjou Beauty evolved after working with chemists to bring exceptional products to market.
Our sustainability promise
We’re committed to sustainability and helping to make positive changes for the future health of the environment.
Our beauty products are all made and shipped from Ontario, Canada.
- Our clean makeup is made in small batches in Toronto, Ontario.
- Our organic skincare is made in small batches on a 40-acre USDA Certified Organic Forest Estate in Muskoka, Ontario.
- Our organic skincare products are also healthier for the body and the planet, as chemicals, synthetics and toxic preservatives are not allowed in certified organic products.
- Green beauty! We use recyclable product and shipping packaging, so please recycle!
If you have suggestions about how The Style Escape can become more sustainable, please message us at email@example.com!
Add clean beauty to your routine today. Your skin will thank you!
Check out our clean beauty products.