For part two of my best ways to be more sustainable in your life series, I talk about eight ways to make your bathroom more sustainable. I mentioned in part one of the series that I’ve made a targeted effort to be more sustainable in multiple parts of my life for the last five years.
Since it can take time to make life changes, hopefully, some of these tips can help ease you into it if you want to make some sustainability changes.
Part one of this series discussed how to be more sustainable in your day-to-day life, and the next one will go through tips to eat more sustainably.
As with my last article, the list below is just a start. You can do many other things to make your bathroom more sustainable.
So far, these tips have worked for me, and I hope some of them are helpful to others too. One of the ways I make changes is to start with the ones I find easier to do and work my way up to the more difficult ones.
Luckily for me, some of these weren’t too difficult to incorporate, especially 1, 2, 5 and 8. Admittedly, some I was doing before knowing it made a difference!
Eight of my best ways to be more sustainable - make your bathroom more sustainable
As an added bonus – these tips all help save money as well!
- Take a shower instead of a bath. It’s easier said than done for me since I prefer showers!
- Reduce your shower time. Set a timer if it helps. I know sometimes the temperature is perfect, and it’s so easy to want to stay under the water for longer but force yourself if you must!
- Ditch single-use bottles. This is one of the tips that should be a part of your day-to-day life.
- Use sustainable and zero-waste personal care products.
- Switch to DIY hair products. *
- Make your own soap.*
- Use shampoo and conditioner bars.
- Choose a responsibly sourced toilet paper or use recycled toilet paper.
*Have you made any of your products before? I like to DIY it for some products. I’ll post some of my recipes in upcoming articles.
If you have made any products you wouldn’t mind sharing, email them to email@example.com. I will credit you with your DIY skincare or haircare product in an upcoming article. Or drop them in the comments if it’s easier!
If you need some more best ways to be more sustainable in your life:
- Check out our sustainable living resources
- Read part one of the series
- Read more articles on our blog
If you have any bathroom sustainability ideas you’d like to share, drop them in the comments!